These magical singing creatures are a fun summer craft activity for both you and your child. You can even go a step further and create a tree trunk canvas to display your crafts. Visit Crack of Dawn Crafts for more details on decorating a canvas.
What You Need:
red fabric paint
clear plastic (from a strawberry or other fruit container)
gold paint pens
hot glue gun
What You Do:
1. Cut wine corks in half and carve them into cicada shapes. They don’t have to be perfect!
2. Mix up or use a blackish-brown color and paint the wine corks.
3. Add dots of red fabric paint to make the eyes.
4. Cut wings from a clear plastic container. You may want to bend them a bit to give a rounded look.
5. Draw on wing veins using a gold paint pen. Hot glue the wings to the bodies.
And there you have it, beautiful singing cicadas!
(Craft from: Crack of Dawn Crafts blogspot)