- Black paper or card stock
- Awl or needle
- Black spray paint (optional)
- First off, to make sure the discs work, you’ll need to remove or paint over (with the spray paint) the silver shiny part on the inside of the flashlight.
- While you are waiting for the paint to dry, if you painted it that is, take the top part of the flashlight and trace the part you want the discs to fit on top of onto the black card stock.
- This might be the trickiest part! Take the scissors and carefully cut as close to the tracings as you can. The closer you are, the better they will fit!
- Now comes the really fun part. Pick your favorite constellations and mark the dots onto the cardstock circles. I suggest picking ones that have fun stories to match to keep the little ones entertained.
- Take your awl or needle and poke holes through the marked dots.
- Assemble your new flashlight, throw on the discs, and have fun!