- This event has passed.
‘Healthy Parks, Healthy You’ Vaccination Clinic & Nature Activities
May 13 @ 11:00 AM - 7:00 PMFree
We are excited to announce that the “Healthy Parks, Healthy You” initiative (see below) is sponsoring a Covid vaccination clinic at W.G. Lunney Lake Farm County Park on Thursday, May 13, with a second dose date on Thursday, June 3. Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks. If you are interested in helping out, check out the Volunteer Details list below. If you would like to get a vaccine, you are welcome to sign up!
Clinic Event Details
- May 13th and June 3rd
- W.G. Lunney Lake Farm County Park, 4330 Libby Road, Madison, WI 53711
- Pfizer vaccine (which is why there are two dates)
- Vaccine is open to the public, anyone 16 and older at this time
- Reserve your spot here: https://signup.com/go/aJLFsve (your name will be kept confidential, we just want to hold an appointment for you)
Other Activities at the Event (besides the Covid vaccine)
- Nature Walks
- Food Truck – all volunteers will get a free meal
- Blood Pressure checks by Dean Health Plan
- Story Walk in Spanish and English
- Bingo Card Games and Prizes
- Snacks and water will be available for free
- Volunteer for the entire day or part of the day.
- Duties include set up, registration table, helping with consent forms, wiping down surfaces, parking, monitoring after the vaccine for side effects (RNs and EMS are monitoring, too), handing out BINGO cards and coloring papers for kids, and clean up.
- If possible, wear a red shirt so we can more easily identify volunteers
- Help with the second vaccination day.
- If you are interested, please email Jennifer.Beekman@deancare.com with your contact information and the timeframe you are available. She will reach out to you early next week for the May date.
- Thank you for considering to volunteer with this special event!
About Healthy Parks, Healthy You
The Healthy Parks, Healthy You initiative is a partnership with Dane County Parks, the Foundation for Dane County Parks, SSM Health, and Dean Health Plan to promote the connection between parks and physical and mental health. Dane County Parks provided a safe place to recreate during the pandemic and now we can be a part of moving forward, with this vaccination clinic through our partnership with SSM Health.
W.G. Lunney Lake Farm County Park in Madison borders beautiful Lake Waubesa